Today we will discuss top 5 hidden errors and how to solve hidden errors, why we need to solve these errors. How much we can boost our traffic after solving these errors.
A complete list of hidden SEO errors in on page optimization.
Error 1 – 404 page
We should always make a 404 error page for our website.
Whenever we make 404 error pages for our website. So that server response code should be 404, not a 200. Because I have seen on many websites where the response code of the 404 error page is also 200, which is a very big mistake.
Error 2 – URL Canonicalization
A canonical issue arises when 301 redirects are not properly in place. This means that your website can be accessed by search engines from several different URLs.
For example, if you have the website http://www.softwarexprts.com then the index page can be accessed from all of the following URLs:
You need to fix this error using the .htaccess file.
Error 3 – Large HTML page size
I have seen a lot of websites the page size is more than 1 MB which is not right for both Google and User.
There are some reasons that why we should reduce the weight of the HTML page.
- If page weight is low then website load is fast.
- If the page is more than 1 MB then the Google index is not.
Error 4 – Redirect Chains
A redirect chain occurs when there is more than one redirect between the initial URL and the destination URL.
Let’s suppose if I got a backlink directly from any certain website, then we got 100% of its profit
from that and as a result, our website got extra profit. But if we got any redirected link, then its
profit reduce according to its number of redirections.
- If we got any backlink which is redirected only once, then we got 85% of its equity (profit) as a priority on 1st page.
- if we got any backlink which is redirected twice in times, then the amount of equity (profit) reduce to
70%, which is something to worry about.
- If we get a backlink with redirections more than 3 times when it comes to an end of the equity of 0%, due to which it is useless for us.
Error 5 – Broken links
We should not have any broken links on the website. The website’s performance is measured by its links. If there is any broken link on our website then it is similar to the poison for the website.
Because when the spiders crawl our website and if they get any Broken Link, So the server response code becomes 404 and which is harmful to the website.
Ashish Gautam Tips
- Do not miss Title tag
- Don’t use the duplicate title tag
- Don’t use duplicate content
- Don’t use Duplicate meta descriptions
- Don’t use multiple h1 titles on a single page
- Don’t make too long URL
- Don’t miss ALT attributes in images
- Website loading speed should be 4 second
- Use valid sitemap. XML and robots.txt file format
More info you can read my previous blog or wait for an upcoming blogs.